About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hooray for Produce

DSC_0029 Bountiful Baskets…..

I used this service for the first time this weekend. The service has pickup locations all over the valley. I am  lucky enough to have one less than 5 minutes away. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. I left with a laundry basket full of fruit and veggies.   

Here is the list I received today for just $16.50

1 head romaine lettuce

1 bunch baby spinach

6 roma tomatoes

2 cucumbers

4 artichokes

9 bananas

8 kiwis

1 cantaloupe

1 honeydew melon

3 packages of nice big black berries

5 lb bag of small red delicious apples

I compared prices….yes I had some time on my hands this morning…..and this amount of produce would have cost me $49.00.   Seriously that made my day!   If, like me, you don't generally go out of your way to pick up veggies in the store despite the fact that you really should, BB is the antidote to your ills.  You opt in on an as desired basis any week, and I’m sure your pick up spot is literally just around the corner from you home.  

DSC_0030

So just leave your dirty laundry at home and bring your basket........ you won't be disappointed. I loved the great value, super convenient location, and just look at the quality of those fruit and veggies.

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

I am going to have to try it!