About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday Grounds Crew

Ogden Raptors Jerry Sands and Brian Cavazos-Galvez take a few minutes to clean-up the outfield after Jerry took a huge divet of turf with him as he dove for a ball.

If you have never been to a minor league baseball game, I think you are missing something great. We are in our 13th season as a host family for the Ogden Raptors. Anyone who really follows baseball knows it is a very long way to the top and at the 'Rookie' level finding affordable housing can be a challenge itself. Being a host family gives us an opportunity to make life a bit easier for players who are working so hard every day to someday make the big league roster.

Brian is living with us this season and what a delight it has been. We may be a little biased, but we think he is by far the MVP of the team. Of course other host families will have an argument with that, but Brian is "Tops" with us!

If there is a minor league team anywhere close to your home ---- get to the ball park it may change your life.

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

Great picture! I love summer at the baseball park. I'll get there again SOON...