About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cajun Black Bean Burger




Why oh why can't I simply blog.....? I think about it, I even read other blogs....but I haven't been able to put my thoughts together to post like I really would like to. Food is easy enough for me to blog about. I'm in the kitchen for hours at a time and today we (me...being we) put together a new vegetarian burger. Ali tried it, and said it passed ...but she hates corn, unless of course it is fresh from the farmer and still on the cob!
We had plenty of new cucumbers and tomatoes in the garden today. DIL's mom had zucchini so we had a nice garden fresh dinner tonight!

Joke of the day in Utah: "If you see someone buying zucchini in the store....they don't have any relatives or friends!" Thank goodness I have both.
Here's the new recipe:
Ingredients:
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
1 orange, red, or yellow pepper finely chopped. Today I had an orange one
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp Cajun spice blend
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Saute onion, pepper, carrot, and corn in olive oil until done. About 5 -7 mins.
Combine sauteed vegetables with black beans and mash. I used my small food processor hoping the corn would be disguised but no luck with that! Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Use your hands to blend it all together. It needs to hold it's shape when you put it on the grill.
Shape into patties (I got 8 out of this batch). Refrigerate for several hours.
Place on a greased foil lined hot grill until browned on outside, both top and bottom. By cooking them on foil you can get a seared crust so they don't fall through the grill. Cook for about 3 mins. on each side. Then put them straight on the grill, brushing the patties with a little olive oil so they don't stick to the grill. Top with your favorite condiments. I think this is a keeper!

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

I am going to try this vegie burger. Looks yum. I hope you find a way to put the words together for a blog. I miss you when you don't.