About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, September 7, 2024

Fresh Peach Pie

Fresh Peach Pie
 

Peach season   -  on how I wish I lived by Jeanie Shepple in Colorado....I look forward to it every year! I love white peaches and yellow peaches, whatever ripe peaches I can snag! I love driving by the fruit stands filled with boxes and boxes of my favorite fruit! It always makes me want to pull out my fresh peach pie recipe and bake peach pie. There are a million yummy things you can do with peaches, but my new very favorite is the recipe I got from my friend Lynette - after bugging her to get it from her friend for 1 month. 

This pie has a 3 ingredient crust and a 5 ingredient filling. Out of all that I’ve tried, this is a fairly easy peach pie recipe, even compared to other great recipes. I was shocked when I finished my very first peach pie in no time at all, and it looked perfect....well almost.  The crust wasn't exactly as big as my pie plate, but next time it will be.

Here you go:

Ingredients 

Crust:

3 Tablespoons melted butter

4 + Tablespoons hot water - I know most of the time you use cold but this recipe works for me!

1 1/2 cups Bisquick Mix

Pie Filling:

1 1/2 cups water

3/4 cup sugar

2 tablespoons corn starch

1 small package of Peach Jello - yes peach jello - hard to find but Kent's Marketplace and Harmon's both carry it for $1.99 a box.

2 - 2 1/2 cups of peaches - I may have added a few more!


Instructions:

  1. Mix in the melted butter and water with the Bisquick. It should all just clump together into a perfect ball of dough. Seriously the easiest pie crust you will ever make!
  2. Tear two pieces of waxed paper and place the ball of dough between the two sheets.
  3. Roll the dough into a big circle while it is in the waxed paper
  4. When you feel like it is almost big enough lift it up and place it in the pie tin, with BOTH pieces of waxed paper still attached. Test the size. you should have a little extra dough coming over the edges of the pie dish
  5. Once you have the right size remove the bottom piece of waxed paper and gently place it in the pie dish, making sure it is even on all sides. Peal the top piece of waxed paper off the dough, and gently lift and pat the dough down into the bottom of the pie dish.
  6. Fold the extra dough hanging over the edge under, so it is just sitting on the edge of the dish. This will give a little bit of a thicker crust to create a design around the top.
  7. Create a design around the top of the pie crust. I simply pinched the dough with my thumb and finger at an angle. You can use a fork or any other design you like!
  8. Poke the bottom and sides with a fork before putting it in the oven. Place it in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
  9. For the pie filling: Mix the water, sugar and corn starch together in a pan. Bring the pot to a boil and let the ingredients boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly while it thickens.
  10. Pour in the jello powder and and turn off the heat while you stir it in.
  11. Once it is mixed in set the pan aside, or in the fridge to cool down. If I am in a hurry I will even put it in the freezer and watch it carefully.
  12. The pie crust should be lightly golden brown when it is finished. Set it aside to cool as well.
  13. Peel and dice 2 – 2 1/2 cups of peaches. I like tons of peaches… so I always do 2 1/2 cups. It ends up being somewhere between 2 and 4 peaches, depending on their size.
  14. When the jello mixture has cooled to around room temperature mix in the fresh peaches.
  15. Pour the pie filling into the crush and spread the peaches around so they are even throughout the pie. Then place the pie in the fridge to let it set up. Again, if I am in a hurry I just put it in the freezer until it is tacky and set up, just watch it carefully so it doesn’t freeze!
  16. Top with fresh whipped cream to your slice of fresh peach pie and devour. Keep the leftovers stored in the fridge with a cover. This pie always tastes best on the first day, but it will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge!


No comments: