~ So this evening I will snuggle up, with a throw over me, make a cup of hot cocoa, and list the many things that I actually love about this precious season.
1. On a sunless day, the grays merge to form a somber and peaceful landscape. Although I love the beautiful trees of summer the silhouette of a leafless tree
still leaves their beauty intact. Something waiting beneath to spring forth.
2. For me, winter often serves up a wellspring of precious childhood memories packed with hours of fox and geese in my backyard and big mugs of marshmallow- and whipped-cream-topped hot chocolate.
3. It is a time of idle hours to reflect on sentimental journeys from days gone by...hours in front of the fire place ~ golden moments.
4. Of Course ~ Christmas is one of the delightful memories of winter.
5. I now believe that all the snowflakes are kisses from my Daddy in Heaven!
6. Winter is a time of reflection - a time to think about the changes that need to be made - a time of solitude when the colors are soft and the pace is gentle.
7. Remembering my Dad reading Stopping By The Woods On A Snowy Evening ~ by Robert Frost night after night until I had it memorized at a very young age.
8. Those bitter cold mornings when I wake to see magnificent lines of frost stretching across my window panes. They seemed to rise with the sunshine and the bitter cold outside. They looked like little miracles that had been formed in the dark of the night. I watched them in sheer amazement and marveled that such beautiful forms could be born during such a winter-cold night.
9. Traditions....the hill created by the huge piles of snow bring hours of fun in those chic winter clothes!
10. So what do I do in the wintertime when there is no baseball. I stare out the window, watch the snowflakes fall in the street light and wait for spring.